Draft Documents (password required to view)
The role of the Executive Committee is to prepare draft meeting materials and policy documents for consideration by the Board of Directors; recommend Policy Committee assignments to the Board; recommend an annual work plan for the Board of Directors; support, review, and monitor implementation of the SECOORA annual plan of work; prepare an annual evaluation of the SECOORA Executive Director for the Board of Directors; and act for SECOORA in time-critical and emergency situations. Specific roles and responsibilities related to attendance, policy and planning, membership and voting, committee activities, SECOORA personnel, and budget are described in the document. As defined in the By-Laws, additional duties fall to individual members of the Executive Committee who also serve as SECOORA officers.
- Richard (Dick) Dodge, Chairman
- Mitchell (Mitch) Roffer, Vice-Chairman
- Lynn Leonard, Secretary
- Conrad Lautenbacher, Treasurer
As documented in the bylaws:
Section 1. Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall be made up of the four officers of the Board (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) as elected by the full Board of Directors, along with the immediate past Chair. When the past chair is not a member of the Board of Directors or no such past Chair exists, then a fifth member of the Executive Committee will be elected by the Board so that the Executive Committee will at all times consist of five Board members.
The Executive Director (defined in Article VI) shall serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee will perform certain functions on behalf of the Board between meetings, as defined by the Board, and may include:
- Prepare Board meeting agendas.
- Plan Board’s work and make committee assignments.
- Handle emergency or interim situations.
- Annually evaluate the performance of the Executive Director.
- Support, review, and monitor the SECOORA planning process.
- Data & Maps
- BOB: Educational Water Quality Monitoring
- Observing Technologies
- Oil Spill Education Materials
- Our Flowing Ocean
- Virtual Wave Classroom
- Virtual Hurricane Classroom
- Boats, Buoys & Science Teachers
- Marine Scientist Interviews
- For Members
- Board of Directors
- Frequently Accessed Documents
- Hot Topics
Meeting Notes and Reports